AnsweredAssumed Answered

Setting Custom AID for PN7150 in Card Emulation Mode

Question asked by andrew balogh on Nov 11, 2019
Latest reply on Dec 11, 2019 by Mario Ignacio Castaneda Lopez

I'm Developing with the PN7150 

OM5578/PN7150-Kit

And have been following and using the given Example (AN11990) as a baseline

PN7150 Example Code

So far I've gotten the board to function as expected when operating in the Reader/Writer and Card Emulation Modes,

where I've been focusing on performing Raw exchanges (Non-NDEF) of data between the PN170 and other NFC-Devices.

I'd like to know if it is possible to change the Application Identifier (AID) that the PN170 reports

when it is operating in  Card-Emulation Mode?

My use case is that I want to limit the NFC-Devices that may communicate with the PN170 at all.

When the PN170 is operating in  Reader/Writer against NFC-Devices operating in Card-Emulation Mode (ISODEP),

I just have the PN170 send an APDU SELECT command that specifies the Custom-AID that I want to use.

If the NFC-Device does not reconize the Custom-AID, communication is dropped.

When  the PN170 is operating in Card-Emulation Mode it seems it uses

the AID of D2760000850101  (NDEF Tag Application)

when communicating with NFC-Devices operating in Reader/Writer Mode.

In the AN11990 Example I've tried to find where the D2760000850101 value(s) were defined,

and change them to instead use my Custom-AID;

NfcLibrary/NdefLibrary/src/T4T_NDEF_emu.c 

- Used for/in Card-Emulation Mode 

- T4T_NDEF_EMU_APP_Select (Made appropriate changes to APDU Select Command Data)

NfcLibrary/NdefLibrary/src/RW_NDEF_T4T.c

- Used for/in Reader/Writer Mode, but I still tested changing the values anyway

- RW_NDEF_T4T_APP_Select20  (Made appropriate changes to APDU Select Command Data)

RW_NDEF_T4T_APP_Select10  (Made appropriate changes to APDU Select Command Data)

However I have not seen any noticeable effect from changing these values with respect to the AID they contain.

What I would like is that if an NFC-Device operating in in Reader/Writer Mode is brought to the PN170,

and it does not specify my Custom-AID in its APDU SELECT command, 

that the communication be dropped.

Outcomes