- We are using i.MX6D platform with OV5640 camera.
- For evaluation, we have used boundary nitrogen6_max evaluation board.
- The customized board is also ready with a different display panel. But here I am discussing latency on evaluation board.
- I am trying to get optimized latency number for capture to display.
- I am getting ~90ms latency for capture display only.
- Using below GStreamer pipeline for this.
gst-launch-1.0 imxv4l2videosrc device=/dev/video1 imx-capture-mode=4 ! video/x-raw,width=1280,height=720 ! imxipuvideosink
- Is ~90ms is expected as a result?
- Is there any way we can optimize it to lower than 50ms?
- If I am capturing at 30 fps, then what can be the frame buffering at each level of image transition?
For example, Frame coming form CMOS ISP to i.MX6 IPU, how frames are buffered for color conversion and pixel conversion.
4. Latency is almost same if I use 60 FPS at 1080p. Is that mean there is no fix frame numbers buffered at each part of image transition?