The Debian based open-source Linux distribution Ubuntu finds its wide use across Desktop, Servers, Containers, and now in IoT and cloud applications. Being very secure and its OpenStack support, it is further getting adapted widely in high end embedded computing applications as well.
iWave systems rich i.MX8 System on Module and SBC product portfolio is supported with Yocto Linux, Android, and QNX BSP. Now iWave Systems is enabling the Bionic Beaver Ubuntu 18.04 LTS support to its latest i.MX8 Quad Max, Quad Plus, and i.MX8M, i.MX8M mini system on Modules and SBC products.
Wayland support in the BSP brings better performance, code maintainability, and security compare to X server. In Wayland, compositing is passive, which means the compositor receives pixel data directly from clients, and hence it reduces the latency compared to the X server. The GUI with the Wayland Compositor on the iWave i.MX8 board is shown below;
Ubuntu 18.04 LTS - Google Chromium Bowser and Weston Terminal
Ubuntu 18.04 LTS - QT5 Applications on i.MX8QM board
Ubuntu 18.04LTS on iWave i.MX8 Quad Max / Quad Plus SOM & SBC
Ubuntu Bionic image with Wayland Compositor supports only Wayland graphical backend which is simpler than earlier X11 backend system, and it includes below essential packages:
- Linux Kernel Version 4.14.98
- Ubuntu 18.04.03 LTS
- Weston 5.0
- QT 5.10
- GPU driver 6.2.4.p4.0
- Gstreamer 1.14.1
- Bluez 5.48
- GCC/G++ 7.3.0
- Chromium Browser v71.0.3545.0
- Supports Gnome-Calculator and Gnome-Calendar
iWave’s i.MX8 Single Board Computer and SMARC SOM
The following drivers are supported in the Ubuntu BSP with iWave i.MX8QM/QP SMARC SOM and SBC board
- CPU and MCU – Dual Cortex A72, Quad Cortex A53, and Dual Cortex-M4
- Block/Storage devices – SD/eMMC, USB, SATA
- Multimedia support – HDMI, MIPI-DSI, LVDS Display, GPU, VPU, Audio, Camera
- Network interfaces – Dual Gigabit Ethernet, CAN, PCIe, 802.11ac Wi-Fi
- Miscellaneous Drivers – Serial, HID, SPI, I2C, capacitive Touch.
iWave i.MX8 SOM & SBC Product Details;
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for evaluation and additional support.